Univision 23 is looking to recognize outstanding South Florida seniors. Apply today for the “Orgullo de Nuestra Juventud” (Pride of our Youth) Award
Seniors enrolled in a school in South Florida with a record of academic excellence, community service, high GPA, commitment to civic duty are encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE to submit application: January 22, 2019
Information about the 2018-2019 Award:
EACH APPLICANT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Student MUST be currently enrolled in the 12th Grade in a South Florida area school
- Student must have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0, and must have shown academic growth in spite of significant limitations and/or challenges (economic, emotional, physical, and/or linguistic) in his/her personal life.
- Must be a legal resident of South Florida with valid documentation.
APPLICATION MATERIALS CHECKLIST
- Transcript(s) through Fall 2018
- Completed Nomination Form with educators signature
- Educator’s letter of recommendation including the following:
- Description of situation(s) where student achieved certain goals despite significant problems or challenges that require perseverance, self-reliance, and determination. Clearly identify obstacle(s), and be specific about how the student overcame the obstacle(s) and is continuing to address it.
- 250-350 word essay on the following topic:
- “I can be changed by what happens to me. I am not reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
- In relation to this quote, how has going through an obstacle changed you for the better? What advice would you give to another individual who is going through a challenging time?
- One individual wallet-sized and colored senior pictures of the nominee (for Program)
- 1 page biography of the nominee
- Eligibility Requirements page signed by nominator and nominee
- All documents must be typed and double-spaced on 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper (single-sided).
- Please make copies of the nomination form for future use.
- Univision 23 will not return materials submitted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Jan. 22, 2019
MAIL application to: Orgullo de Nuestra Juventud, Univision 23 Newsport, 8551 NW 30 Terrace, Miami FL 33122
You may also email completed forms to : email@example.com
During the month of January 2019 Univision 23 Miami will review the completed and eligible nomination packages received. Assuming that Univision 23 Miami receives sufficient complete and eligible nominations, Univision 23 Miami and the award sponsors will select up to 10 honorees. These honorees will be profiled through an on-air campaign that will be broadcast from February through June 2019. Honorees will also be recognized at an awards luncheon at the end of the school year.
Honorees will be recognized and awarded by the sponsors at a luncheon at the end of the school year.
All nomination packages and materials will become the property of Univision and will not be returned. Univision will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected nominations. Mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete or inaccurate nominations are void. Univision and the sponsors’ decisions regarding this award and the award recipients will be final and binding in all respects. Univision reserves the right to terminate or modify this award if fraud, technical failure, or any other factor beyond its reasonable control impairs the integrity of the award. If a person selected as the award recipient is deemed ineligible, or does not submit the required documents or participate as requested by Univision, said person will be disqualified and their award will be forfeited to another recipient. Univision may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any person who it considers to have violated any element of this award. All taxes (federal, state and local) are the sole responsibility of the award recipients, who may be required to complete tax forms. Recipients agree that Univision may conduct the necessary withholding under law if necessary. Participants agree to: (a) be bound by the decisions of Univision and the sponsors, including but not limited to the decisions regarding the recipients, and (b) release and hold harmless Univision and the sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession, and use (or misuse) of the award or participation in the award.